We’ve tried making gluten-free pizzas before and they’ve never turned out that great, but finally we’ve managed to finesse the sweet potato pizza and its delicious!
|2 or 3 sweet potatoes|
|~120g self raising gluten free flour (for 3 sweet potatoes or ~40 per potato)|
|Sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice|
|A baking tray and a mixing bowl|
Makes – 1 large deep pan pizza/2-3 medium thin crust pizzas
Preparation time – ~25 minutes
Baking time – ~25 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C/Gas mark 6
2. Peel and chop up your sweet potatoes. Cook your sweet potatoes either in boiling water for about 20 minutes, or microwave them for around 10-15, until soft.
4. Add the flour to your potatoes and knead well together with your hands. This shouldn’t take too long, although it may still be a little hot to the touch if the potatoes haven’t cooled down a bit yet. If the mixture is still too sticky, add a bit more flour.
5. Shape into a ball (or individual balls if making multiple pizzas)
6. Roughly roll out your pizza base(s).
7. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, and part bake the pizza base in the oven for 10 minutes.
8. Remove your pizza from the oven, add your sauce, cheese, and preferred toppings, and pop pack in the oven for about another 5-10 minutes
9. Serve and enjoy!