Chocolate and strawberries has always been a win win combination and chocolate cake is always an amazing thing, so why not combine them both!
If you’re after something slightly different, you can add in a few teaspoons of coffee for an added flavour! This recipe can be made in a normal cake tin, cupcake cases or in a loaf tin as we’ve done here. This recipe will make a dozen muffins or if baking in a ~23cm cake tin times all the ingredients by 1.5.
|190g self-raising flour|
|60g cocoa powder (hot chocolate powder works)|
|200g caster sugar|
|110g unsalted butter|
|230ml (1 cup) of milk|
|A handful of strawberries|
|If gluten-free – ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum|
Makes – ~10x25cm loaf tin, serves 6-8
Preparation time – ~10 minutes
Baking time – ~50 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 170c/325f/gas mark 3
2. Beat your butter and sugar till its light and airy. 3. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and xanthan gum (if gluten-free).
4. Add in the eggs and milk to the butter and mix till combined.5. Fold in the dry ingredients till combined and pourable.
6. Chop up your strawberries and mix into your mixture.
7. Pour into your loaf tin/cake tin/cupcake cases.
8. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes if in a loaf or cake tin, 30-40 for cupcakes.
9. Leave to cool before serving.