Since we had “ripe” bananas lying about the house, we decided to make use of them and bake some treats for us and some friends (with the second recipe up here!).
Makes 12 cupcakes Preparation time ~15 minutes Cook Time ~25 minutes
- 120g of gluten-free self-raising flour (which can of course be substituted with non-gluten-free flour if you want)
- 60g of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 30g butter, cubed
- 75g of blueberries, chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 75g of low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cupcake/muffin tray
- Cupcake/muffin cases or butter to grease your tray
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan assisted oven/200ºC normal oven/gas mark 4
- Sift the flour into a bowl, along with the baking powder, sugar, butter and mix until the mixture vaguely resembles breadcrumbs
- Mash the banana and add it to the dry mixture, along with the cinnamon and the chopped blueberries.
- In a separate bowl light mix the egg and yoghurt until combined
- Pour into the dry mix and stir with a spatula until combined
- Grease your cupcake tray or place in the cupcake cases and spoon the mixture equally into the tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes
- When the cupcakes have cooled, remove them from the tray and place on a wire rack to cool further.